In the early 18th century the Estate was purchased in three portions between 1733 and 1734. It now consists of the farms of Hallroom, Redford, Loanhead and Newlands all located at Guildtown and Wolfhill.
The mansion house is situated on Craigmakerran Hill a prominent feature of the estate with a magnificent view to the west and south. In the early part of the nineteenth century the Incorporation erected a large room on the rock for the accommodation of the Dean of Guild and his Committee on the occasion of their visit to the estate.
After a time Mr Robert Stirling, Draper, Perth, entered into an arrangement with the Guildry under which he was to build an addition to the large room, and to form the whole into a dwelling house. At the end of his lease he was to receive back two thirds of his outlay. This arrangement was carried out, and Craigmakerran House as it now stands (except a few small additions) came into existence.